Friday, January 13, 2006

The eye of the Storm

Never did I think that miracles happen
I had my head held high in foolish defiance
Inane attempts to bind my world in threads
of feeble logic, and I was so satisfied
And the peace was impeccable...

Eerie nights and sudden pain often
used to whisper in my ears
conspiracies begged to be unveiled
But I, buried them in my sands of satisfaction
in my own hands, I killed them
millions of times....

I was unalarmed when that night
you crept to my door and knocked
The feeble you and confident me
I thought.
But never could see the storm
in those dark innocent eyes
you brought for me as a present
I opened the door and let you in.

You touched my soul where
The dreams were buried
You kissed the wounds where
conscience had left its last sign
My palace of rational pleasure
fell down...

I knew not where to go
But I wasn't feeling pain
All my dreams were
unchained again
My feet stumbled
when you held my hand
feeble me and confident you
I thought...

Amidst the remnant of my past
where life and love were to re-form
I opened my eyes with fear and zeal
To stare at the eye of the storm!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Me. said...

Beautifully written...amazing metaphors.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home